Diagnostika OBD1 Hyundai
Hyundai Code Retrieval
Accessing Trouble Codes
With Multi-Use Tester
Except 1993-95 Scoupe
- Turn ignition switch to Off.
- Connect harness connector of multi-use tester to diagnostic connector in fuse box, located on left kick panel.
- Connect power-source terminal of multi-use tester to cigarette lighter socket.
- Turn ignition switch On, then use multi-use tester to read self-diagnostic codes.
- Repair any malfunctions found using tester.
- Turn ignition switch Off, then disconnect battery ground cable for 10 seconds.
- Check that no malfunction codes are displayed with multi-use tester.
- Disconnect multi-use tester. If a test is to made during cranking, the power to cigarette lighter will be interrupted therefore, use a separate battery harness for multi-use tester.
With Analog Voltmeter
Except 1993-95 Scoupe
- Connect voltmeter to self-diagnosis connector, located in fuse box on left kick panel.
- Turn ignition switch On and note an immediate indication of ECM (ECU) memory contents will begin. If system is in normal condition, pointer of voltmeter indicates a normal pattern. If any abnormality is in the memory, pointer of voltmeter will deflect indicating an abnormal condition.
- After recording abnormal items, check and repair each part.
- After repairs have been completed, disconnect battery ground cable for at least 15 seconds to erase codes from memory.
Using On-Board Diagnostic Lamp
- With ignition switch in the On position, ground the No. 10 terminal (L wire) of diagnostic connector for approximately 2.5 seconds.
- The diagnostic connector is located on the left hand kick panel. The first diagnostic trouble code or no fault detected will be indicated by the on-board diagnostic lamp. The onboard diagnostic lamp will indicated DTC's by flashing frequencies and 2 second pauses. As an example, one flash, followed by a 2 second pause, followed by two flashes and another 2 second pause, followed by two flashes and a 2 second pause, followed by three flashes and another 2 second pause, indicates a failure code 1223. The fault code will be repeated until the No. 10 terminal of the diagnostic connector is grounded to proceed to the next fault code.
- The last output consist of the end of output code 3333.
Clearing Trouble Codes
To erase any diagnostic codes, disconnect battery ground cable for 15 seconds and the ECM (ECU) memory will be erased.
COMPUTER CODES for Hyundai Vehicles.
If codes other than these are indicated, repeat self-diagnosis.
If codes reappear, substitute a known good ECM, and recheck codes.
Hyundai Stellar vehicles.
|1||Oxygen sensor or circuit|
|3||Airflow sensor or circuit|
|4||Atmospheric pressure sensor or circuit|
|5||Throttle position sensor or circuit|
|6||Idle Speed Control (ISC) motor position sensor or circuit|
|7||Coolant temperature sensor or circuit|
|8||TDC sensor or circuit|
Hyundai Sonata, Excel(90 on),
Scoupe (91 - 92), Elantra.
|1||Electronic Control Unit (ECU) (one long needle sweep)|
|2||ECU system normal|
|11||Oxygen sensor or circuit|
|12||Airflow sensor or circuit|
|13||Intake air temperature sensor or circuit|
|14||Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) or circuit|
|15||Motor position sensor or circuit|
|21||Coolant temperature sensor or circuit|
|22||Crank angle sensor or circuit|
|23||TDC sensor or circuit|
|24||Vehicle Speed Sensor or circuit|
|25||Barometric pressure sensor or circuit|
|41||Fuel injector or circuit|
|42||Fuel pump or circuit|
Hyundai Scoupe (93 through 95) and Accent vehicles.
|1122||ECM failure (ROM/RAM)|
|1233||ECM failure (ROM)|
|1234||ECM failure (RAM)|
|2121||Turbo boost sensor control valve|
|3112||NO. 1 fuel injector|
|3114||Idle air control (opening failure)|
|3116||NO. 3 fuel injector|
|3117||Mass airflow sensor|
|3121||Turbo boost sensor failure|
|3122||Idle air control (closing failure)|
|3128||Heated oxygen sensor|
|3135||EVAP purge control solenoid valve|
|3137||Alternator output low|
|3145||Engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor|
|3149||Air conditioning compressor|
|3153||Throttle position switch (TPS)|
|3159||Vehicle speed sensor (VSS)|
|3224||ECM failure (knock evaluation circuit)|
|3232||Crank position sensor|
|3233||Same as 3224|
|3234||NO. 2 fuel injector|
|3235||NO. 4 fuel injector|
|3241||ECM failure (injector or purge solenoid)|
|3242||ECM failure (IAC or air conditioning relay)|
|4152||Air/fuel adaptive failure|
|4153||Air/fuel multiple adaptive failure|
|4154||Air/fuel additive adaptive failure|
|4155||ECM failure (A/C relay, IAC, PCV or injector)|
|4156||Same as code 3121|
|3333||End of trouble codes|